Ss Michael and John's Primary School, working in partnership with St Brigid'sCollege, is a community that is devoted to Catholic Education. The school also works in close partnership with Ss Michael & John's Parish.
The school was founded in 1883 when the Parish leased the Temperance Hall in Splatt St (now Roberts Ave) for use as a school. It was conducted by a staff of lay teachers.
Since 1884, Ss Michael & John's has operated in a variety of buildings, including the parish church, but always on the current site. The Brigidine Sisters assumed and maintained responsibility for the school between 1920 and 1990.
St Brigid's College also operated at this site from its founding in 1920 until 1968. Up until 2008, the former Brigidine Convent, then known as Brigid House, was incorporated into the school facilities. In 2009, Brigid House was demolished due to severe structural defects. In 2010 after many months in temporary classrooms the students and staff were able to move into the new facilities. There are no longer any remnants of the original building and subsequent additions, however the original stained glass windows from the convent are now a feature in the foyer of the new school building.
The nature of our school community is diverse, drawing from both the urban and rural sectors of the Horsham Community. The socio-economic make-up of the school community is likewise diverse, representing a wide range of situations and circumstances. Our students include some with learning difficulties and some with giftedness. The school, in its work, attempts to provide an appropriate education in faith and life for all who are entrusted to its care.